Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My name is ***** ***** I have a craftsman LT 1000 riding

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a craftsman LT 1000 riding lawn mover. I changed over the battery and cut the yard only for it to die. I looked at the old battery and found that the CA was lower 250 vs. 340. I went and changed the battery to the right one and installed it. Now when I start the lawn mover I get a humming sound and it won't turn over. Did I fry something?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is anyone looking over my question now?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did the free trial
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 7 months ago.

No, there is no chance of frying anything just from using a higher CA battery. Did the battery go dead when you were mowing?