Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Cub Cadet LTX1045, and the engine will not crank.

Customer Question

I have a Cub Cadet LTX1045, and the engine will not crank. All I here is a clicking sound at the back of the tractor when I turn the ignition key. I've replaced the battery, but it's still the same
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Single click? Can you determine if it is at starter solenoid or at the fule solenoid on the carburetor? If at the starter, remove spark plugs and see if engine will crank over.

Would you have a voltmeter to check the system?

Is the click when you turn key on, or to start position?

Expert:  Vince O. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, There is a lot of things that can be wrong. I can send you a shop manual to download then go to he troubleshooting and electrical sections. I'm sorry I can't be of more help. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=CF27DEE0FC3DE6AB!26713&authkey=!AKrGgem-gTm3X_Q&ithint=file%2cpdf

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just a single click when key turned to start
Expert:  Vince O. replied 8 months ago.

It could be the fuel solenoid or the starter trying to engage and turn a locked engine. Did you check oil level? Overfilled? Did you remove plug(s) ad try to turn engine by hand?

Did you find problem?