Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

When i start the motor it starts but will turn off if echo

Customer Question

When i start the motor it starts but will turn off if echo pb250ln If i try to increase gas it will stall. I can only get it to run in the run postion and not giving it any fuel
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have two of these and they seem to be having the same problems
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer the problem is the carburetor , did it have gas innit from last year ? It sounds like one of the fuel air mixture passage ways are blocked and when you increase the gas it stalls the carburetor because it can't adjust . What needs to happen is the carburetor be removed and cleaned and a rebuild kit be put in it because that will replace the gaskets , fuel screen etc