Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My ride on mower started ok after winter but when i tryed it

Customer Question

My ride on mower started ok after winter but when i tryed it next day it turned over then the flyweel stuck
I chequed the oil and turned the flyweel with a screw driver it then started the next day it stuck again what can i do
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Remove the spark plug and see if engine spins, and watch for any evidence of fluid in the cylinder. What is the engine model number? Example(###) ###-####B1

Is battery voltage at least 13 volts? And cables clean, the starter may just not be able to turn the engine full circle. Can be from too much compression, as engine has compression release , to aid in start.

my response shows as customer!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Number Z1R707 0017B1 battery 12.4

21R707-0017-B1. Single cylinder Intek, OHV engine. Does engine spin easily with spark plug removed?

But first, test battery voltage when you try to start, has to stay above 8 volts.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorr but cant do tests now its to dark contact tomorrow Tony

OK> Texas here!

Would you have a compression gage available to check the compression? If compression is above 100 psi, the compression release is not working! Release is part of the camshaft and if it is broken, the camshaft has to be replaced!