Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Tecumseh power sport gokart and I need a new belt I

Customer Question

I have a Tecumseh power sport gokart and I need a new belt I am unsure of what size belt I need
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I got the go kart from a friend the belt is shredded in a few places it is engine model ohh60 or oh195ea
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Engine family ytpxs,1951ab displacement(###) ###-####v
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Trying to identify belt by the engine numbers will not work.But you can measure the belt, by making a mark on the outer edge, and measuring from mark back to mark, with a tape measure. The outside dimension is the belt length. The width is the back side of belt measurement. So belt example would be 43X1/2 inch. And that is the way belts are sold. Do you have a model number for the go cart? That would be what in needed to see what belt was on the unit.

Also any auto supply can measure the belt and give you a replacement.

Did you find what you needed? Thanks,