Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 1999 EZ Go Electric cart. Batteries are fully

Customer Question

I have a 1999 EZ Go Electric cart. Batteries are fully charged and still Register 38 volts when pedal is depressed. Motor will not start.
The funny thing is it intermittent. I have cleaned and tightened all connections I can find. Any Ideas?
Thanks.
Randy
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Check the solenoid , to be sure it is closing when the pedal is pressed. The micro switch under the drivers side mat is what has to energize the solenoid.

A quick test , would be to jump across the solenoid with jumper cable from one large cable terminal on solenoid to the other large cable terminal on the same solenoid. This is the same connection the solenoid would make.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The answer was the things I had already checked. It was the reed switch which was recommended on a forum.
Thanks for the quick response, but it was no help.
Randy.

The diagram I sent shows that reed switch has to power the keyswitch! I don't know how else I could have helped. You didn't come back with response.