Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

My Troy Built "Pony" has a17.5 HP Briggs engine (Model

Customer Question

My Troy Built "Pony" has a17.5 HP Briggs engine (Model 31c707). The battery is fully charged (according to the meter on the charger), and the engine solenoid "clicks" ok, but the engine will only spin 1/2 to 1 rotation and stop. Suggestions?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.

Hello Paul. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** would like for you to try something, when you have an opportunity. Remove your spark, then turn your key to spin your engine. Let's see if your engine will spin freely, without your spark plug inserted. Make sure your spark plug wire is not in front of your spark plug hole, in case gas spews out.

Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.

If your engine spins freely, then it is very likely that your valves are out of adjustment.