Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a JD 2500B greens mower. It starts but has no spark.

Customer Question

Hi ***** *****, I have a JD 2500B greens mower. It starts but has no spark. I unplugged the oil pressure switch last Sunday and it starting working. Now it's back to the same thing . What safety switch or other switch could be causing this
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's been running fine and last weekend it failed to run. I found on a post to check the switches. We put a new battery on it about two weeks ago but itckecks out good. Engine just spins over with no spark. Abel
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

You only have two engine sensors that will affect spark, the oil switch and the water temp switch. If they are not grounding the spark, with twin engine, the most likely problem would seem to be the ignitor. You have twin pulser coils and twin ignition coils, and a single ignitor.

Did you see my response? Did you find problem?

My response is showing as customer,