Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Same as one I clicked on motor dies when engage pto deck

Customer Question

Same as one I clicked on motor dies when engage pto deck belts free and clear jd 180 lawn tractor
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really took deck off cleaned all out checked to make sure everything was free put back on still dieing when engaged tractor been setting up for two years and I just bought
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Deere safety switches are the seat, and brake and pto switch. They make up the run circuit. Check the seat switch and harness, and the continuity between the other safety switches. Your run circuit is not complete, so engine is killed when you engage the blades. The mower thinks that there is no one in the seat. (safety circuit)

This is wiring for the old 180, same as 170 and others.