Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Honda HRX 217KVKA that my mechanic has been working

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Honda HRX 217KVKA that my mechanic has been working on. He replaced the transmission and now it will not stop pulling. The speed control lever has no effect and it pulls at max speed. He has also replaced the belt and cable. any insight would be appreciated.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Do you have neutral so mower starts without moving? The you can engage the transmission with the lever on the handle? If you do, the adjustment for speed is at the handle control. If no neutral. then the cable is installed wrong, and is keeping transmission engaged. Do you have owners manual that shows the speed adjustment?

Page 14 shows the adjustment.