Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a toro z master was working fine shut it off when i

Customer Question

i have a toro z master was working fine shut it off when i restarted it i cant release the brake without it dying
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: replaced brake safety switch and control arm switches are working still no good
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: uh no
JA: Our top Small Engine Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Small Engine Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Small Engine Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Do you have a volt/ohm meter to check the continuity between the safety switches? Also check the pto switch. If safety circuit is not complete through the pto switch, the mower will kill engine. There are two circuits on mower, one is for start, it is good, the other is the run circuit, it is open, and is completed by all the safety switches. Wire harness or connections to the safety switches all need to be checked for continuity.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
control arm switches are new as with the brake switch they function correctly ill have to check the pto switch I have every thing bypassed no so I could move it to the garage

OK, have you ran continuity check between the switches?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
bought it used last year had same problem that's why I have new switches ill have to go start checking the circuit through the safetys