Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines

I just installed a predator engine on my go kart it tries to

Customer Question

I just installed a predator engine on my go kart it tries to start but won't idle at all any advice
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Well when choke the engine it tries to start and shuts off just quick as I pull the cord
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: No that's it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 7 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. How long has it been since your engine last start up and performed to your satisfaction?

Expert:  Donald replied 7 months ago.

Check to see if you are getting a continuous flow of fuel from your fuel tank, to your carburetor. If so, then you very likely need to clean your carburetor. You and I can continue from here. Thanks!