Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have a 27hp lgtx 1054 cub cadet with kohler engine. I was

Customer Question

have a 27hp lgtx 1054 cub cadet with kohler engine. I was removing the deck to sharpen blades. all was going well until this mystery spring fell to ground and I can't tell where it goes. appears to attach to the pto clutch as there is play from the connector going to the clutch. please help if possible.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

There would be no springs that go to the pto electric clutch. The deck as a series of springs, and there is a large spring on the idler bracket for the transmission drive belt idler bracket, that keeps the drive belt tight. Look at the deck picture and see if it has all it's springs.