Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an older kohler single cylinder 4000 watt generator

Customer Question

I have an older kohler single cylinder 4000 watt generator hard wired to our deer camp in the mountains it has served us well for years. Recently after about 20 minutes the lights in our camp go out, the generator doesn't labor like a short. I can turn off the generator and restart it and lights come back on. Is this a rectifier problem?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

What are the model and spec numbers of the genset?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model 4cm21. Spec# ***** 4kw simple phase these numbers from placard on armature housing
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I am going to have to opt out of this one. The 4CM is a very odd unit, and has some parts that no other unit has. I have no experience with this unit.