Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

The brake wont release. the automatic release is not

Customer Question

the brake wont release. the automatic release is not working. ***** ***** Brown
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is a Toro engine with a kawasaki motor. THE ELECTRIC BRAKE IS NOT REALEASING THE WHEELS .IT WILL START BUT NOT PULL.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

I have seen this happen a number of times and it is usually caused by corroded or broken pins in the brake controller. I have even had to replace two wiring harnesses due to broken pins that could not be removed from the harness in order to repair the problem. The pins in the controller are very small and don't take much to eat or rust through them and then the brake controller no longer works. You can go down to the sides of the transmissions and remove the brake latch which will allow the machine to roll again but then you have no brakes.