Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I am trying to help my husband. after replacing my drive

Customer Question

My name is Laraine. I am trying to help my husband. after replacing my drive belt on my 1998 LT133 ***** ***** deere riding lawn mower it moves freely in and out of gear. please help.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: With the deck removed to test lawn mower to see of drive belt is on correctly when I start up the lawn mower it begins to move in neutral and the only way to stop it is to turn off mower.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Check out this link. Is the belt routed correct and is it tight? Did you have either of the rear wheels off? Tractor is not in freewheel?