Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

How do I remove the starter on a Husqvarna LGT 2654 riding

Customer Question

How do I remove the starter on a Husqvarna LGT 2654 riding mower?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Page 52 and 54 show the starter and removal. There is only the battery cable to remove, and two bolts holding it to the block.

Kohler SV700 series I assume!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This was no help. I don't have any socket than can reach the bolt head nor any way to get a wrench in there. I've taken off everything in front of the starter. The starter is engaged with the engine. Does this starter have a Bending type of mechanism? If so, maybe if I drive it down (ie disengage it) that will allow me to get a socket in there. The other option I am considering is grinding down a socket in order to get it in behind the gear part of the starter.

What engine do you have? If it is Briggs engine, you can lift he starter drive to get to the bolts, a 1/4 inch drive with appropriate socket will fit. It obviously is not the Kohler, as their bolts are on the outside!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Curtis,I keep getting email asking to rate your response. I will not be rating as your response has been of zero, repeat, zero help. You ignored my question about the Bendix spring and as it turned out, the starter sprocket was jammed against the motor sprocket. It would have helped if you had told me that it was an Allan bolt, since it was covered with dirt and I could't see the ends of the two bolts. Also, you don't raise up this Briggs and Stratton starter to get it out. I have the starter out.I do appreciate your trying to help and this should be my last email to this site.