Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Name is ***** *****. I have a Deere Z225 lawn tractor with

Customer Question

Name is ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a John Deere Z225 lawn tractor with kill switch issues. It will run fine (run and cut) for approx. 15 - 20 minutes then die. Fire back up the die again about 5 minutes later. Fire up again but start dieing quicker and quicker. Is there a thermostat kill switch that is giving me trouble. Oil level is good, fuel line / filter are new. What do you think?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Engine dies from either loosing spark, or loosing fuel.

You either have a bad ignition coil, or the fuel solenoid in the base of the carburetor is getting hot and cutting off the fuel.

Does it get where it will not start? If so, check fr spark at the spark plug. And the fule solenoid can be checked by listening or feeling it when key is turned on and off. It has to retract as soon as the key is turned on, and has to stay retracted or engine dies.

Did you find the problem?