Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Riding mower w/brigs..less than 4 hours on motor just

Customer Question

riding mower w/brigs..less than 4 hours on motor just started raceing and idling back over and over, when I engage the mower the motor smooths out perfect. have drained the fuel tank andinstalled new filter. did not solve problem..Can you help?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Try draining the carburetor float bowl, it may have water in it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
please advise...on the bottom of the carb where the darin plug is there is a metal bar attached about two inches long with two wires attached at the end of it. advise me from there
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
while trying to follow your advice I inquired of you, what was on the bottom of the carb which was not just a drain plug and how to deal with it, after not getting a reply I forwarded my question to home depot and the answer is "there is no drain plug" have been directed to warranty supplier. do not feel you earned a fee. thanks, dollar

The drain on your mower is an electric solenoid , which replaces the bowl bolt It unscrews same as the bow botl would to drain the carburetor.