Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have an Atco Balmoral 17 inch lawnmower fitted with the

Customer Question

I have an Atco Balmoral 17 inch lawnmower fitted with the Kawasaki FJ 100 D engine. I started the engine successfully and was just letting it warm up before I mowed the lawn and it stalled.When I went to try and restart it turned over a couple of times without firing up and now it will not turnover at all- I cannot pull the cord
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. I'll do all I can to help, Atco Balmoral. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The pull start a will not allow me to turn the engine over-it is as if it was locked.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: I seem to remember a similar problem 2/ 3 years back - is there a shear pin or similar device?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Let's try something. Remove your spark plug, then try pulling your cord. Check to see if petrol spews out of your spark plug hole. Make sure that your spark plug wire does not come in contact with your petrol, in case it spews out. We can continue from here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much do you know about this specific engine?
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I know much of the general information about it. I can pull up a diagram for more specific information.