Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Karcher 520M pressure washer. Just recently, it has

Customer Question

I have a Karcher 520M pressure washer. Just recently, it has begun to make noise after a few minutes of running. What happens is, it appears as though the cooling fan on the bottom of the machine is rubbing against the case. This causes the pressure to drop off and the machine to cycle on and off. It sounds to me like there's too much end play in the motor shaft? Is there a bearing that's gone bad? Any help would be appreciated.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer here is a diagram of your pressure washers motor , and part number 6 is the ball bearing but part 2 could be a issue as well

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/karcher-520m-diplus-10697000-pressure-washer-parts-c-33388_33389_33462.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just ordered the lower ball bearing and the insulation for my pressure washer. Hopefully, this will cure the problem?
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

If the ball bearing is worn or seizing then yes . Did you disassemble the pressure washer and check it prior to ordering it ?

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

If your hearing s noise it could be the old ball bearings , they do go bad and will squeal etc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I didn't take the machine apart yet. The noise simply sounds like the cooling fan is rubbing against the case. I attribute this noise to a bad bearing or (since you mentioned it) faulty insulation material. These parts are fairly inexpensive and totally worth a try.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

I agree , once you remove the old bearing , see how smoothly it roles etc .