Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Shift lever bracket on the transmission shaft broke at the

Customer Question

Shift lever bracket on the transmission shaft broke at the first bolt hole on my Sc2400 Yanmar tractor. I've removed the set screw and attempted to pry it off of the shaft but don't want to break anything. Ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Unable to identify the part you are speaking of. Can you locate it in the parts book above? Section and # ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nope. The drawings that show up don't show the shift lever.
The shift lever bolts on to a bracket that is connected to the shaft that goes into the transmission. If you can show me a good drawing of the (exterior of the transmission) shifting mechanism, I can id the part.

Can you attach picture using the paperclip icon above typing bar? Is this hydro stat or a manual transmission unit? What does shifter do? f/r or range shift?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Its a hydrostatic and it just a hi/lo shift
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I don't find anything that shows what you describe. I will opt out and hope someone else can help. sorry.