Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a stihl s420 concrete saw that I only used one time

Customer Question

i have a stihl s420 concrete saw that I only used one time about 3 years ago. It has been sitting since. Now I cannot get it started. It only has about 2 hours of total use on it.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The gas tank was empty when I finished using it, but I did nothing else to it before storing it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

Remove the spark plug and with it removed and grounded to the metal, see if it as spark. If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel direct into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will start for a few seconds. If it starts and dies, the carburetor and fule supply are the problem.