Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I need the wiring diagram 2002 deere g100 tractor with the

Customer Question

I need the wiring diagram for a 2002 john deere g100 tractor with the kohler command 25 hp engine thank you in advance
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

Wiring diagram/schematic is only in the Deere service manuals. There is basic parts diagram,

The Kohler manual does have engine diagram. See section 8.

What kind of problem do you have? I have Deere manual in the L100 series.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I replaced a kohler command 25 hp on a John Deere g100 tractor with a 25hp kohler courage pro. I can't figure out how to wire the new motor into the JD wire harness. I've traced the wires from the old harness to the new one on the motor an still no luck. The solinoid clicks. It's a. Rand new battery and new statter and soliniod. I thought the wiring diagrams would help me but they didn't. Can you figure it out

Ok, Is solenoid is on the starter or separate on the new engine?

Is the battery positive cable on the solenoids open terminal or on the starter side of the solenoid? Has to be on open side of solenoid.

If starter solenoid clicks, it should be making the connection to turn the starter. Assuming the engine is free and not locked.?? You have turned engine manually, and it turns?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it's a brand new motor. I turned big over while it was on the bench. The positive is on the open side of the solenoid, it clicks but doesn't engage the starter. I checked the starter with juice from my truck and it spun and engaged. The battery on the mower is 300 cca. I'm gonna take the battery out of my truck and see if it turns over. The first napa battery they sold me was defective.

Check the battery voltage before you turn switch to start and while you are in start.Battery has to stay above 8 volts when in start position. for any chance of turning engine.

Have you turned engine after install? The electric clutch can lock the engine if not shimmed properly.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The solenoid is on the starter. The electric clutch is not on the motor yet The battery charger is reading 12.4 then when I turn the key it goes to 12.3

?? no load on the battery, so the connection is not making at the solenoid.??

Same reading at the starter solenoid end of cable?

If you jump the two large connections on the starter with old screwdrive, will starter turn?

Good ground to the engine from battery?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hey Curtis. Both you and my dad were right about the bad ground. The engine is running great and the tractor is a beast! Thanks. I will definately contact you again if I'm stumped in the future. Thanks

Good job! Please accept and rate to close. Thanks!