Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Why does my lawnmower not start up the second time? After

Customer Question

why does my lawnmower not start up the second time? After starting once, turning it off for five minutes or more, I try to start it, but there is nothing, no electrical sound at all once I turn the key in the ignition switch. I know the battery, starter, solonoid are all fine and working. What can i check on the wiring or switches/ thanks, ***** *****
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

Hello Jack. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Do you have a 12 volt test light, or a multimeter? If so, you and I can do some troubleshooting.

Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

We need to determine if you are getting power to your ignition switch, during the times when your engine will not re-start. Check your fuse holder for a loose connection, or corrosion. You and I can continue from here. Thanks!