Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a generator that I believe is putting out low

Customer Question

Hello, I have a generator that I believe is putting out low voltage. Im trying to figure out why. It will run my skill saw and sawzall but you can here the rpm drop on the tools after the initial start up. Also It will not run an electric drill for some reason. If the drill is plugged in and you hold the button down and then hit the power button on say a skill saw it will run both but as soon as you stop the skill saw the drill acts as if it has no power... Its very strange
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its a centurion 5000 watt generator the model is #(###) ###-####
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

I don't know generators, I will opt out and see if anyone else will take question, Sorry.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have determined that the capacitor is bad. I purchased a new one. Thank you for trying to help