Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a 2009 Craftsman Lawn Tractor that the front wheels

Customer Question

Hi! I have a 2009 Craftsman Lawn Tractor that the front wheels are out of alignment. When one is straight ahead, the other is turned out approx 20 - 30 degrees. I have replaced both drag links with new pieces. I have removed the gear under the steering shaft and it appears to be ok. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Based upon the fact that you have already replaced both drag links, I am lead to believe that our problem is caused by one of your wheel spindles being distorted. Please take a look at the image below.

Expert:  Donald replied 9 months ago.

Click on the link below ...

Expert:  Donald replied 9 months ago.

Sometimes your wheel spindles can be bent, although they appear to be perfect. You and I can continue from here. Thanks!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry, I have had a difficult time getting to this page to be able to see your response. My question again was, how can I determine if one or both spindles is bent? Also am I being charged for ecj individual question here?
Expert:  Donald replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for your response. You will not be charged for follow up questions relating to your initial question. You can ask as many follow up questions as you like, for as long as you like, at no additional charge.

Expert:  Donald replied 9 months ago.

Sometimes it is difficult to determine which one is bent, unless you can notice rust at a bend, resulting from cracked paint, in the area of your bend.

Expert:  Donald replied 9 months ago.

Look closely at both spindles, to see if you notice cracked paint, or a rusted spot.