Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Just got this rider Murray model 40509x92 and it will not

Customer Question

Just got this rider Murray model 40509x92 and it will not turn over with the key battery is good and the motor turns over when i jump it from the battery to the starter
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: When i turn the key to the start pos. Nothing happens not even do the lights come on
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that i know of but just thinking is there a safety switch that might cause this problem i don't have a manual for this as it was given to me
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Small Engine Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Have you checked to see if your fuse is blown?

Expert:  Donald replied 9 months ago.

Do you have a 12 volt test light, or a multimeter? You and I can do some troubleshooting, to pinpoint our problem. Thanks!

Expert:  Donald replied 9 months ago.

I can use the wiring diagram to figure out what is causing our problem.