Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Craftsman kohler 18.5 hp lawn tractor. Replaced fuel filter,

Customer Question

Craftsman kohler 18.5 hp lawn tractor. Replaced fuel filter, fuel filter, and removed and cleaned carburetor. Engine won't start unless I pour gas into the carb. I replaced fuel lines with clear rubber lines to see if gas was pumping, and it's not pumping up to the carb.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

No fule to the carburetor from the fuel pump. Is the line to the fule pump from the tank, vacuum tight? No problem with tank or tank outlet line?

If you test the pump, with line to the inlet, into a fule container, and remove the outlet line, does it pump when cranking?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Next would be to see if the electric solenoid in the carburetor is opening. It plugs the main jet to the engine. And has to have 12 volts as long as the key is on.