Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have Ferris IS2100Z 61" with the Vanguard EFI. It has 25

Customer Question

Have Ferris IS2100Z 61" with the Vanguard EFI. It has 25 hours of operation. One of the transmission speed control levers "binds." It requires extra pressure to move it either forward to backward. When it does move it makes a rubbing or binding sound. There is 1 grease fitting and a number of places to oil. I have greased and oiled all connections as best I can tell but to no avail. The other speed control lever works smoothly.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Remove the linkage at the transmission end and work the linkage to see where it is binding. That way you can work it without having to work against the transmission and can check it with engine off. If linkage is free, you know problem is with the transmission!