Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My name is ***** *****. I have a gas, ez go marathon, I'm

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a gas, ez go marathon, I'm guessing early 80's, 2 stroke. The cart starts and runs fine in forward but does nothing when switched to reverse.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have had the generator/starter rebuilt thinking that was the problem but made no difference. I took the forward reversing switch apart and saw nothing obvious with the contacts on it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

Does the starter/generator engage in reverse? If not the forward reverse switch is not making the correct connections for reverse. It can be removed and the contacts cleaned.

Only thing that changes from forward to reverse is the f/r switch assembly , which reroutes the wiring for the starter/ generator.

Scroll down the opening page of the link till you see the Gas Ezgo ignition check.

Did you find problem?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have ordered new parts for the forward-reverse switch. I agree with you, I think it has to be the forward-reverse switch. The new parts should arrive any day now.
Thanks,

OK<Let me know, thanks.