Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have ev4010 150 hrs ttys to start but turns over 2 seconds.

Customer Question

Hi Chris, have ev4010 150 hrs ttys to start but turns over for 1 2 seconds. Batteries are up and even charging. Any ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

would you have a voltmeter to test battery voltage when starter is selected? Has to stay above 9 volts, if not, battery is too low to spin the engine. Does the starter solenoid go to a rapid clicking, or it just does not stay engaged? Oil level correct?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Oil good. Solenoid engages and motor turns over maybe 1 revolution and that's it. It does not turn over like I'm used to when a battery is low. I can measure voltage when cranking but unfortunately the motor home is in another city and I won't be back there for some time. Will have to pick up the discussion then. Thanks, bill

OK, will it spin if you remove the spark plug? May have fluid on top of piston.???

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Curtis. I'll try spinning with lug out.
As I mentioned we will have to take this up in a week or so when I can get down to where the Motor Home is stored.
No need to respond
bill

OK>