Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Honda gx630 engine. It's a big pressure washer

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Honda gx630 engine. It's a big pressure washer unit. Has only 170 hours on it. Been sitting for Maybe 2 years. About 5 months ago, I tried starting it, it turned , but no start. I siphoned the gas, put new good gas in ,and still no start. Today, I sprayed some carb cleaner, and it ran for about 2 or 3 seconds. I'm guessing it's a fuel problem but not sure. Could the lines be gummed up from sitting so long? If so, how do I go about cleaning the lines and such to prepare for new gas? Thank you in advance.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

More likely the carburetor float bowl needs to be removed, and the electric solenoid checked for movement, and the needle valve and float cleaned with carburetor cleaner, and while bowl is off, be sure the fuel is getting to the carburetor.

Here is a basic carburetor that shows the float bowl, and components, yours will be simialr.

Please accept to close!