Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

The battery went bad so I changed it on a 20kw gen. The

Customer Question

The battery went bad so I changed it on a 20kw gen. The check battery still shows on the display. I can't clear it.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this site for help a joke!! Please respond to me!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where are the so called experts you said would reply? This so far is not a good experience with you!
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

How the error is cleared depends on which genset you have.

What are the model and serial numbers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know all that. It's a 20kw guardian belonging to one of my customers.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, but I can't help you if I don't know which model it is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
since you can't answer my ? do not charge me a fee. I'm very disappointed with the service you say can provide. You don't need a serial #, model # ***** answer the question for a 20kw Generac generator.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want be asking no more questions in the future. I want to thank you for the so called expertise you sold me on. You don't need model and serial #'s for this , just remove the utility power for the battery charging and auto mode for about a minute. You can now reset the system. Please credit my account since you can't answer
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

As per my initial response, how the system is reset depends on which type of control system it is.

Generac has made several different types of controls over the years.

Telling me you have a 20kW Generac is of no help at all.

I've never seen a tech who didn't know enough to get model and serial number info.

That's like walking in to an auto parts store and telling them you need a part for a Chevy.