Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Kubota lawn tractor t2080. It stops and will not

Customer Question

I have a Kubota lawn tractor t2080. It stops and will not restart until it has cooled down. It has now happened twice. I have checked everything from oil level to battery connections and fuses. Fuel tap etc. This is a brand new machine with approximately six hours on it. Could you please make a suggestion. Our email address is***@******.***
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

This is the twin cylinder gas engine. When it stops, do a quick test for spark, by removing a spark plug wire and attaching a spare spark plug, and with it grounded, crank engine and watch for spark.

If it has spark, we have to assume it is loosing fuel. In the carburetor is a fuel solenoid, it has to click open as soon as the key is turned on, listen for this click when engine is cold, then when engine quits, listen for the click. No click, no fuel!

For engine not to start, it has to loose spark or fuel, with twin engine , more likley the fuel.

Did you find no start problem?