Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Oil going into carb when running. bad ring or valve?
,

Customer Question

oil going into carb when running. bad ring or valve ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: onan model # ***** 1996 yr. gas model. it runs for about 10 min. then starts pouring asmoke out of exhaust. I took air filter off and it was soaked with oil. I left the filter off and it took about 15 min brfore it started leaking oil out of carb. I know it has oil bypass, could it be a valve or ring?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

Check the lube oil for being over full or smelling of gas and thin from gas contamination.

Is fuel tank above the carburetor? A leaking needle valve in carburetor will let fuel enter the crankcase, and show up as oil in carburetor and smoke from exhaust.

Was oil full of gas? Please rate and accept to cloase.