Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I want to adjust volt and speed tomorrow. I have some

Customer Question

I want to adjust volt and speed tomorrow. I have some questions and need help to adjust voltage and speed.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have an Onan 2800 2.8 KVFA26100C Modle KV Spec C
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'd like online chat to get some answers. I can also text through *** *** ****. I have questions about governor before starting adjusting speed and voltage.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have read manual http://www.twinslan.net/~n0nas/manuals/onan/981-0506%20Onan%20KV%20(spec%20A-B)%20Microlite%202800%20RV%20Genset%20Service%20manual%20(03-1991).pdf
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here are details about my question.
1. The governor arm is loose. How do I put it back correctly?
2. There are 5 holes for hooking the speed spring. Which hole is the right position for 60hz? See picture of 5 holes https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1xIWPAlK3JiMk5oOWZraTNuZEE/view?usp=sharing
3. What is initial setting for (a) governor speed adjustment screw and for (b) sensitivity adjustment screw? I have been messing with them. Don't know what should be initial settings.
4. I can following the steps on page 6-13 of the manual to adjust speed and volt. But I need clarification on steps 5, 6, and 7.
Step 5 says “turn the speed adjustment screw”. Does it mean to pull governor lever/linkage to the right? The only way to have throttle against stop screw is to pull the lever.
step 6 adjust sensitivity screw with lever/linkage still pulled? … because step 7 says release the governor linkage.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
5. After the steps on page 6-13 to adjust HZ and V, I need to do steps on page 6-10 to adjust governor.