Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a kioti ck 30. I put a new starter switch on. Now

Customer Question

I have a kioti ck 30 . I put a new starter switch on . Now tractor will not start. I have fire to switch and starter. Puzzeled ?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will try to assist you today.

When you say that you have fire to the starter are you checking this on the small wire that comes from the ignition switch down to the starter? If you are checking on the large post where the battery cable is connected then it is always going to have fire or be hot, the small wire coming from the ignition switch has to activate the starter to make the starter engage and crank or turn the engine over. If you have voltage or fire to the small wire coming from the switch down to the starter then your most likely problem is a grounding issue in the starting system, either the starter is not grounded to the engine good, the switch into the frame good or a bad battery ground.