Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have new 24 hp briggs bought new online a two years ago

Customer Question

I have new 24 hp briggs bought new online a two years ago just got mower back together crank over does not start, took plugs out and pour gas on piston runs for a second then dies, gas then starts running out muffler
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: march 2013 family DBSXS.7242VA
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

In the carburetor is fuel solenoid, it has to open the fuel to the mainjet when key is turned on. Do you have 12 volts to it, with key on, and is it opening?

Gas out the muffler would indicate the float is stuck in the carburetor an is not closing the needle valve passage. .

Engine model number? Example 44W777-0123-B1

Did you find problem?