Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I'm ***** *****. trying to replace the lower drive belt on a

Customer Question

Hi I'm ***** *****. trying to replace the lower drive belt on a Cub Cadet ltx1040 2012.how do I get the old belt off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just noticed that I have a chunk of rubber out of the belt so the belt is still intact but I need to replace it to put the new belt. I've got a new belt.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

Here is basic Cub Cadet installation, You may have electric clutch for deck drive, but same thing applys, the pulleys have to be removed, to lower the drive pulley to get the belt off.

Was link helpful?