Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

How do I remove the starter clutch from the flywheel on a

Customer Question

how do I remove the starter clutch from the flywheel on a briggs model(###) ###-####01
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the clutch doesnt grab when you pull the rope. I have the replacement parts
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: i don't think so?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello Cliff. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Let me know if you are still needing assistance.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

There is a special tool available, that is used for removing your clutch. Without this tool, you can use a large pair of channel lock pliers, or pipe wrench, to carefully remove your clutch. You will loosen your, by turning it counterclockwise.

You can disassemble your old clutch without removing it from your crankshaft. Just use a screwdriver to pry open your clutch cover. After you disassemble your clutch, you can lubricate the ball bearings, and clean your ratchet assembly. This should resolve the problem you are having with your old clutch.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

You and I can continue from here. Thanks!