Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a JD 340,it turns over but wont start.I am thinking

Customer Question

My name is***** have a JD 340,it turns over but wont start.I am thinking it has something to do with safety switches.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Late in the Fall it wouldn't do anything, a few week ago it started right up. Now it just turns over but wont start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Have you decided what my problem is?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Is this the Deere X340 lawn tractor, with the twin Kawasaki engine? Or snow mobile? Snowmobile would have the emergency kill switch and the key switch. Either can kill spark.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It dosent have the twin engine, its a 340 lawn tractor.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is a Kawasaki engine

Engine model number? Does it have a single terminal igniter that attaches to the wire going to the coil? 340 is only shown as X340 with twin engine . You sure about the model number? If no igniter, unplug the wire from the coil and see if you have spark when cranking.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

did you get spark?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am so sorry, I cant asnswer that Question.My Son was in a accident Saturday morning,and he would be the one to do that. But I did get some info. It is a 20 H V twin its a 98 model. Model no is 00345B070325.

Sorry! Let me know when you want to work on it. Has to be loosing spark or fuel and with a twin engine, more likely fuel problem. Carburetor or fuel supply to the carburetor.