Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Having charging system problem. Magnets came out of flywheel

Customer Question

Having charging system problem. Magnets came out of flywheel and destroyed the stator. Replaced the stator and the flywheel. Getting 37.5 AC volts from stator. only getting 4.7 DC volts from regulator. Replaced regulator with new one part # ***** ***** and still only getting 4.7 DC volts from regulator. wiring should be correct connected yellow to yellow & red to red
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I also cleaned the ground connections & tested resistance - all good
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

From the information that you have provided it sounds like you either have received a bad regulator or the regulator is not grounded properly. You are measuring DC volts from the regulator to the battery?