Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

When i try to engage snow blower...no spin...shear pins on

Customer Question

when i try to engage snow blower...no spin...shear pins on auger are good...are their other shear pins? basically pulled on lever attached to cable to engage...nothing
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the machine will move but will not throw snow...not engage shaft or auger
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

With engine off, and spark plug wire removed, engage the auger, and try to spin the auger and impeller to see where there is movement. The belts should be tight and auger should not turn.

Can be shear pin or a pulley loose on shaft.