Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Troy-bilt Squall 2100, I baught it last year and

Customer Question

I have a Troy-bilt Squall 2100, I baught it last year and used it a half dozen times with no issues. I got it out of the shed last weekend and haven't been able to start it? It has an electric start, I primed it 3 times moved the chock over and it just runs but never chatches or turns over? primed it two more times nothing? moved the clutch to half way, nothing? Don't know whats up? Water in the gas that was left in from last year??
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: That I'm not real mechanical :0)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

It does sound like there is a fuel issue but probably not water. Most of the time when fuel is left sitting that long it will no burn properly therefore you need to get the old fuel out of the carburetor and fuel tank and get some fresh fuel in there. You may even need to clean the carburetor jets since they can become stopped up from the old fuel it develops a varnish when sitting that long. You could try spraying some carburetor cleaner or a little bit of fuel directly into the throat of the carburetor and see if the machine will at least start on it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks I will try that and let you know.

Let me know what happens.