Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a LTX 1050 and the Hydrostatic drive whines really

Customer Question

I have a LTX 1050 and the Hydrostatic drive whines really loud go fwd. and backwards
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

It sounds like it could be low on oil in the transmission. This is the first thing that I would check anyway. When these transmissions get low on oil they will whine. If the transmission has a filter on it you could have a filter that is partially blocked causing oil to flow through it slowly which would also cause a whine under pressure. Normally on these machines in order to check the oil level in the transmission you have to do so through the vent on the top of the transmission. You want the oil to be within an inch of the top of the transmission casing, if you need to add oil to it you will want a 15W50 synthetic motor oil.