Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Pealr, I hav an old MTD Ride-on mower with a Briggs and

Customer Question

Pealr, I hav an old MTD Ride-on mower with a Briggs and Stratton model 42A707 horizontally opposed twin engine. A friend is looking for a replacement engine for me and has asked what size the output end of the crankshaft is. I told him 1 inch diamenter but now I'm not sure. Can you help pleae?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so, except if he knows the pitch circle diameter of the mounting holes on the crankcase. My friend has a Kawasaki engine which is the right power etc, and he thinks the mounting holes are in the same positions; but it's nice to be sure.
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm having trouble getting back to the login area - had to have password ***** and the site now doesn't want to accept the new password ***** so I can pay you ...
Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. You are correct about the size of the output end of your crankshaft. It is one inch in diameter.