Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

The motor on my Craftsman garage door opener is making a

Customer Question

The motor on my Craftsman garage door opener is making a terrible screeching noise. It will still raise and lower the door but it sounds very bad. The outside temp is 15 degrees F and this only happens in the cold weather. Can you help?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  eddie22Island replied 1 year ago.

Usually a broken part, like a gear or a nylon part by the trolley would cause the door to make a strange or loud noise but I don't know what the cold would have to do with it ..............is there any other thing you might have noticed? .......and also a light grease would be better than the spray ...........and I don't know if you did this but unplug the motor and put a dab of grease on those moving parts