Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

How do I remove the platen from theorbital polisher? I want

Customer Question

How do I remove the platen from the###-##-####orbital polisher? I want to replace it.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Platen is held on with a single bolt and washer, in the center of the wheel. Dig out the center, find the RH bolt and remove it. The platen should then pull off, it does have an upper bearing that goes on the motor shaft, so it may be difficult to slip it off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
That was obvious
The problem is that the platen or underpan spins when I try to remove the bolt that holds it in place. There are two notches on either side of the base that appear to be for some sort of tool that attaches to the flanges of the base. How do I get this tool?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

No nothing about a tool. You can't hold the platen, or is the armature shaft turning with the screw? If platen is turning, use a vice grip pliers to hold it by the edge. If the armature is turning, then armature will have to be held, which will require removing and splitting the handle assembly. An impact wrench, air or electric can be used to get the screw/bolt out ,and platen will not turn.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Site not updating!