Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have an Onan generator cmm 7000, with a fault code 15.

Customer Question

Hello. I have an Onan generator cmm 7000, with a fault code 15. Just replaced the carb. codes still there. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The generator fires up fine, runs for a few seconds and shuts off. It will restart and continue to run fine afterwards. The fault light continues to flash
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is more to this problem. When the unit is running, it is not sending voltage to the cab. I also got a code 45 out of the controller. I checked for voltage at the j1-3 pin and j-13 pin. There was voltage there but only 2 volts and the voltage topped out at 10v when the generator shut itself down. The unit also has shown a code 15 again. Seems to have an issue reading the rotor?. I'm not familiar with generator repair.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the full model number of the genset?

Is the genset staying running, or is it shutting down?